My mom informed me today that one of our good friends dog passed away last night. Indy was 13. He was such a good dog! He will definitely be missed:(
So this got me thinking about my dog Grace.
Gracie passed away 2 summers ago. We're pretty sure she passed away from a doggy stroke. That was probably one of the hardest things I had to deal with. The moment I knew she was gone, I completely broke down.
Grace followed me everywhere and protected me in any way she could. I loved that dog so much. There are times when I want to just cry because I miss her terribly. I keep her pictures around the house and on my desk to remember her each and every day.
Months after Grace died, my mom decided to adopt another dog. We couldn't stand the silence around the house. Not hearing a dog pant, or their footsteps on the ground is not easy.
Lucy came into our lives, and we were so happy to rescue her from a family who didn't care about her.
They left her in a kennel all day, and gave her no attention.
When Lucy first got home, she was scared. She was scared that we were going to leave her and never come back. But we taught Lucy that we do care, very much. She has come a long way in the past 2 years. She loves going to the park (it's her favorite thing in the whole world. If you say park or anything close to it, she gets SO excited!) She also loves swimming, cuddling, and giving kisses.
This post is for Gracie, Lucy and all of the dogs in my life, and the world:)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
For the love of a dog
Posted by Chanse and Janell at 10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is such a sweet post! My childhood dog Tandy was basically bit to death by a big dog walking past our house- he was in his own yard and everything. It was the worst experience ever and I will never be able to think about it without getting teary eyed- he was the sweetest dog in the world. I can't believe some people don't love dogs... it's too weird to me. I have two and they are so sweet- even when they are a handful. Thanks for the cute post!
Oh my gosh Caitlin! That is so sad to here about your Tandy. That would have been so hard to go through!
I don't know how people don't love dogs either. I wish I had a dog of my own, someday:)
Post a Comment