Thursday, August 14, 2008

2 years..

I have been at Protronix Controls!! 2 years today- 8/14/06 was the day I started.
I can't believe that 2 years have gone by.. It's amazing how time flies.

2 years ago I was working at Cactus and Tropicals. Chanse and I had only been dating for about 9 months and he was working at Media Right. I had been searching for jobs months before, but nothing turned up and that is why I spent my summer at Cactus. I didn't mind working at Cactus, except for the the typical office politics and bitchy people. I made a lot of friends there, and I don't regret working there one bit. Towards the end of the summer, I got a phone call from Chanse saying he came across a place who was looking for an office assistant that was 2 doors down from Media Right. The UPS guy told him about it, and immediately, Chanse thought of me. So I called Brenda (my manager) and I set up an interview for the following day.
I went in, did my thing, and left. Brenda told me she would call me later that day to let me know if I got the job or not. Sure enough, I got a call from Brenda asking if I would like to start work the following Monday. Of course I accepted the offer because I was not making good money at Cactus, and I could not pass up this offer after searching for months upon months for a job.

I've had such great experiences here at Protronix, and I would not change anything.
Everyone treats me great, and it's almost like being around family most days! There have been days that I want to pull my hair out, but for the most part, I love it.

Today I have a review, and I'm hoping it goes really well. Wish me luck!!

0 comments: