Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life in general

I suck at blogging lately. I have nothing to blog about! I'm either at work, or school and everything in between.
School is good so far. I only have class 2 nights a week and my other 2 classes are online. No complaints yet! Plus I have 2 classes with Chansey, so I'm happy about that:)

I've been sticking to my "to do" list, and have been going to the gym regularly! I really like working out, it keeps my mind off stress, and I'm getting into shape! I'm hoping in a couple of months, my body will not be out of shape, and I won't huff and puff whenever I do any physical activity! I also found this GREAT website that helps with health, weight loss, and other things. The best part, it's COMPLETELY FREE!
www.sparkpeople.com

We got Avie spayed about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and we feel so bad because she is terrified of us now! Whenever we try to pet her or pick her up, she just runs from us, and hides under the bed. We think she is scared that we are trying to harm her, but that is not our intentions. We are hoping she gets back to normal soon, because we miss her sweet personality! She comes out every once in a while, and I've seen her play a couple of times, but human contact is a no no for her right now:(
(She did sleep next to me on the bed last night for a bit, so that's an improvement.)

Friday we are going to the Utah Utes Parade! It should be a lot of fun. They are going to be throwing out red party beads (New Orleans style!) and giving out 10,000
commemorative buttons! The parade will take place on Friday, Jan. 16, beginning at 3 p.m. in downtown Salt Lake City. Fans are encouraged to line both sides of State Street for the procession, which will culminate in a rally on the west steps of the City County Building. So if you are a Utah fan, be there or be square!

Last but not least, guess what next Tuesday is?!?!?! 1/20/09. Barack Obama's Inaguration! I will be in class, but you better believe that I will be recording that! I know it's going to be another tear filled night full of emotion, but I can't help it when I hear him speak, he's an amazing man, and I can't wait for him to pick up our country, and lead it in the right direction. Plus, the U of U's Marching Band have been invited to perform at his inaguration! The Marching Band will be unable to go unless the raise $150,000- they are at $80,000 now. It would be really cool to see them perform at such an awesome event, but with the economy the way it is now, it's hard to donate.

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I'll be at work during the U parade but my building is on State so maybe I can watch from the window, lol! I can't wait for Jan. 20!! :) I hope your cat cheers up, that's sad!!!

Nicole said...

I hope your cat starts feeling better soon. Way to go on going to the gym, I'm still trying to figure out where to fit exercise into my day.