We've lived in our house for about a year and 3 months, and our guest bedroom has been a disaster since the day we moved in!
I cleaned the room up a bit last summer for guests who were in town for our wedding, but it was nothing special.
Last weekend, I cleaned out the guest bedroom, and started from scratch. I didn't buy anything for this room, just shopped my house!
Before:
This picture was taken shortly after we purchased the house. Aren't our floors beautiful?! This room was a painted all white, so we painted it right after we moved in knowing it would be a guest room sometime in the future.
After:
Ahhhhhh. Looks and feels so much better in there now! I love walking into this room and just looking around. It's a nice feeling!
After:
Ahhhhhh. Looks and feels so much better in there now! I love walking into this room and just looking around. It's a nice feeling!
Guest bedroom break down:
Twin bed: Craigslist, last Spring $50
Bedding: Already had
Headboard: It was mine back when I lived at home. I already had the fabric from the wedding, and my mom helped me cover it last weekend!
Side table and dresser: Estate sale a couple of years back, free
Drapes: Ikea, last year $30
Bamboo shades: Target $12
Love print above bed: found here for free
Accessories: Mostly DI and things I had lying around the house
I still want to paint the dresser a fun color, and mess around with the decor, but for right now it's much better than it was!





6 comments:
Wow, that's amazing that you've done all that and didn't spend a dime! It looks great.
oh my gosh this looks amazing! great job!
What the??? Your guest bedroom is cuter than my own bedroom.
you crack me up Caitlin!!!
Thanks ladies!
You are so crafty and thrifty! I love your decor and it's amazing what great deals you can find. You could easily get a job in interior decoration. I would hire you. :)
I also like the WIWW blogs. So stylish and fun.
Post a Comment