Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dresser {before and after}

While Chanse was out of town, I found the perfect opportunity to makeover our dresser that resides in our bedroom.

The dresser was originally a dark, wood finish, but it didn't match with any of our decor. We really like black furniture, so I decided to paint the dresser black, and get new silver hardware for the drawers.

The outcome is incredible! I love the way the dresser looks now. It looks more modern, and definitely matches our decor a lot better.

Next project: I need to find new night stands! The nightstands we have now are mismatched and aren't very sturdy.

{Before}


{After}



5 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, that's really cute! It's something I would want to buy at the store, for sure. And revamping an old dresser is 1.fun 2.cheaper than buying a new one 3. gives you a sense of accomplishment. Good job!

Chanse and Janell said...

Thanks Alison! I thought it turned out really well too. I'm really happy with the outcome. I love to turn old pieces into better pieces! Thanks!!!

Nicole said...

Good job that looks great!

caitlin and brinton said...

You're so ambitious! It looks great! Your house always looks immaculate- I could take some major tips from you.

Chanse and Janell said...

ha ha... my house is never clean.. I just don't want anyone to see it when it's messy, so I'll take things out of the pictures so it looks clean!!! ha ha ha