Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas decor

I wasn't going to put up any Christmas decorations because I haven't been in the spirit and Penny went to town with the tree last year. She would climb up and down the tree, and pull all of the ornaments off. What a joke! Monday, I decided to put the tree up and see how the cats reacted to it. Penny walked around it and acted like she wasn't interested, but Avie immediately started playing with everything! I got the tree up, ornaments and all, and surprisingly, both of the cats have left it alone. I do have glass ornaments on the tree, but they are secured pretty tightly.
I was getting ready for work this morning, and I heard some noises in the front room. Guess who it was? Penny! She was in the tree!!!! Good thing we have a squirt bottle:)(we squirt the kitties when they are doing something bad!)

Here are some pictures of the decor I've put up... I decided I want more!





Some of the walls in our apartment are painted a pumpkin orange, so I decorated the tree in orange and bronze balls. It turned out SO cute. I love it:)

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Janell!!! It is craaazy how alike we are. I LOVE the orange balls, your tree looks beautiful! I can't wait to put mine up. And please, please, please tell me where you got that bough on your front door, it's SO cute!!!

Chanse and Janell said...

Thanks Caitlin!!!
I have noticed we are a lot alike! We seriously need to hang out. You are so cute!!

Well my mom made the bough for my front door- it's a couple of years old. I do know she gets her Christmas stuff from Ensign Floral.

Nicole said...

It looks great I love decorating for Christmas. I just wish I had more stuff. We have problems with little hands playing with our tree, so the bottom just has lights and the ornaments start a little higher up.