2008 is coming to an end- I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!
I thought I'd take some time to recap some interesting national events that happened in 2008:
Presidential Primaries Begin (Jan. 3)
The Presidential Primaries were interesting. I had begun to like politics more and more as the primaries started, but I was even more excited for Barack Obama!
Bush Proposes $145 Billion Stimulus Package (Jan. 18)
I was definitely excited for the Stimulus Package. Bush is gone in 22 days!!!
Writers' Strike Ends (Feb. 12)
I was bummed when my favorite shows disappeared for a couple of months.
U.S. Suffers 4,000th Death in Iraq (March 23)
My heart goes out to our soldiers in Iraq. They fight for us everyday! May all of them return safely.
Obama Secures the Democratic Nomination (June 3)
What a great day!!!
California Begins Performing Same-Sex Marriages (June 16)
Things just aren't the same. Why do we have to interupt others lives? We need more PEACE in the world.
California Bans Trans Fats in Restaurants (July 25)
It should be banned everywhere!
Edwards Admits to Having an Affair (Aug. 8)
WOW. I would have never thought he would cheat on his wife. (Can't trust a politician though!)
Obama Picks Biden as Running Mate (Aug. 23)
Great pick. I'm very happy with Biden. 1/20/09!!!
McCain Chooses Outsider as Running Mate (Aug. 29)
Seriously McCain? What the hell were you thinking? She ruined your chances for President. Nice job.
The Summer Games Open with a Spectacular Ceremony (Aug. 8)
The Olympic Games in Beijing were AMAZING! 
Senate Passes Bailout Plan (Oct. 1)
Hmmmmmmmmm...
Economy Shrinks for First Time in Years (Oct. 30)
SCARY.
Barack Obama Is Elected President (Nov. 4)
This was an AMAZING night that I will NEVER forget. I am so glad I was able to witness history, and I cannot wait to see what our future holds for America.
California Votes to Outlaw Same-Sex Marriage (Nov. 4)
SAD DAY. This should have never passed.
Journalist Throws Shoes at Bush (Dec. 14)
HILARIOUS! If you haven't seen the video, look it up on YouTube:)
Illinois Governor Accused of Selling Obama's Senate Seat (Dec. 9)
Scandal!
Bush Unveils $17.4 Billion Rescue of Auto Industry (Dec. 19)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The Best of 2008
Posted by Chanse and Janell at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment