Friday, February 18, 2011

Oklahoma

Last week, Chanse, Brandon (Chanse's brother) and I traveled to Oklahoma for Poppy's funeral.
We left Monday night, and we had no idea what we were in for! As the plane was about to land, the pilot came over the loud speaker and said it was 0 degrees in Tulsa!
It was freezing outside! Like bone chilling, freezing, get me back to UT! Tulsa was hit with a snowstorm the week before, so there was snow piled up everywhere, plus ice covered roads.
Tuesday was even more cold. The winds were whipping around and there was another storm rolling in. The locals were saying the storm was only supposed to drop about 6-10 inches.Wrong. We woke up Wednesday morning to about 15-20 inches of snow!!! We witnessed Bartlesville's worst snow storm EVER.
Seriously, be glad you don't live in OK! Worst weather ever. It's either really nice, or nasty cold.





We tried to make the best out of our time in Bartlesville. Coolest thing about Bartlesville? The Price Tower by Frank Lloyd Wright.


They also have buffalo's that are painted around town (SLC has painted buffalo's as well)
We found one that is painted pink with disco balls. Hilarious!
 {Chanse's brother Brandon}


Phillips 66 is huge around Oklahoma, this 66 statue was pretty sweet. I can't believe I didn't notice this huge, green 66 last time we were in Bartlesville!


Stay classy OK!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Small world.
You went to high school with Bart Harpster. I dated him for a couple years. We are still on good terms.
We both ready Kaleena's blog. I went to high school with her sister.
And I saw Avenue's 'lost' flyer at the shelter on 39th and 5th west. I totally squeaked to my hubby, "Oh! I read this girls blog! Avenue is already found, no worries."
(Duh, look at me trying to web everything together.)
Those disco balls are HIGHlarious! And I love Frank Lloyd Wright.

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh.My.Brrrrrr!

I love the disco balls.

I'm sorry about your loss & that you didn't make it for your trip to Breckenridge. You've lost a lot of people this year, you need a break.

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you had a great time in the snow!

Natalie said...

Winter in Oklahoma is much like winter in Kansas. They don't know what to do with all the snow. What's a plow? haha. And it's always freezings and frequently negative degrees. Brrr!!