Friday night, my mom, dad Chanse and I got our car packed up, and headed up to the cabin {Smith and Morehouse} Driving through the cabin towards Oakley, Chanse says "Oh.my.god! I forgot the cabin keys!" He turned the car around, and we headed back to our house. We almost stayed home, but decided we'd much rather stay at the cabin.
Before the first time we left, we locked up the house real good. Like, really really good. When you enter our house through the back door, it takes you into our laundry room. The laundry room has a glass sliding door that enters into the kitchen. Since our back door is ghetto, we put a bar in between the glass door to make sure no one could get in.
So, we get home to retrieve the keys to the cabin, and the front door wouldn't open {There is a deadlock, and it locks by itself. WOW. I'm realizing we should probably get new doors or something? ha ha}
Chanse tells me he's going to go through the back to get the keys. No problem right? My parents and I are waiting outside and we hear glass shatter everywhere. I run inside to see that one of the doors to the glass sliding doors is shattered all over our kitchen floor. Chanse had gently tapped the door to get it open, and it shattered. I couldn't believe it! After 8 months of living there, it never broke? There must have been a recent fracture in the glass that we didn't see. Chanse got a few minor cuts, but he is alright.
The best thing about this situation? We hate the glass doors!
After we got all of the glass cleaned up, we finally headed back up to the cabin!
{picture of broken glass door coming soon!}
It was a fun, relaxing weekend and we definitely tested our strengths and weaknesses with the problems we faced!
Other fun moments from this weekend:
*It's pitch black outside, dad and I are just hanging out on the front porch of the cabin, and he thinks he see's a light on the mountain... it was a rain drop on the edge of a branch! LOL!
*Playing UNO
*Watching stupid 90's movies
*Cocktails
*Rain, thunder and lightening
*Looked for the bear{2 men stopped by and said there has been sightings of the bear that Berks encountered a few weeks ago and the ranger does know about it!} and moose
















1 comments:
Sounds like an adventure! Ha. Well, now you have a good excuse to no longer have the glass door. P.S. I like your dad's fish bag. Haha.
Post a Comment