Friday, January 1, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover

Chanse and I closed on our house November 11th, 2009. We searched for about 4 months before choosing the house on Oakley. As soon as we received the keys, we rushed over to take it all in. What an amazing feeling it is to own a home. I have been dreaming of this for years. We absolutely love working on the house and doing projects together. It's been a lot of fun over the last month. We've grown closer, and the house looks great. I'm really proud of Chanse and all of his hard work. He's put so much time into the house and it shows!:)
Our biggest project this far has been the bathroom. We completely ripped all of the tiles of the walls and shower, scraped glue, pulled up 2 layers of linoleum, and sub-floor, removed toilet, vanity and mirror, sanded, repaired plumbing, electrical, filled in holes, laid tile on floor and tub surrounding, caulked, put up bead-board, chair rail, painted, new toilet, vanity and mirror, added towel bars, light.
I'm really excited to show you guys pictures!
We are far from being done with projects, but we are very happy with how it has turned out.

{Our home! We haven't done much outside.}


{Before: Bathroom}



{After: Bathroom. I'm speechless!!!}




{Kitchen. Not much has been done in the kitchen except for lights. There were really ugly fixtures that we replaced with matching ones}




{Bedroom. We removed tile from window sills and painted those. We also painted the walls and trim}






I'll post living room pictures as soon as we get some pictures hung {and holes patched;) }





P.S.~Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Super cute! You guys have really worked wonders in the bathroom. I am so happy for you!!!

caitlin and brinton said...

It looks GREAT! It's exciting, isn't it? I am so happy you found your home. Good luck in further projects.