It's been a while since I've posted, so here is what's new:
Chanse and I are doing well. We've been working a lot! I see my co-workers more than I see him. I guess that's how life is sometimes. We definitely need the money, so we'll deal with it for now:) There is one HUGE downside of living in Ogden: The commute. It is simply the worst. Chanse and I have been carpooling to work everyday to make it a little easier. We rotate our cars each day to save on gas and mileage. I work in Centerville and Chanse works in Salt Lake City, he drops me off and picks me up everyday. This has worked to our advantage, but we still hate it.
Living in Ogden has been interesting to say the least. We absolutely love our apartment, the features, the view of the mountains and it's within walking distance of everything. We had been having problems with our neighbors upstairs, and finally, we got a break. Last Friday, Chanse and I were hanging out, and I decided to look outside to see if anything was going on, and sure enough, there was a police officer parked outside (not uncommon in our neighborhood.) So, the little spy that I am, I kept peeking out the window. Chanse decided he wanted in on the action, so he sat down next to me, and we watched in suspense. The police officer and other unknown people carried some stuff out to a car, and then carried an infant out in it's carrier and a small child. Then, the two young women who live above us, were walked out in handcuffs! One of the women that lives in our building called the police because she was sick and tired of smelling marijuana. Our landlord told us he is in the process of evicting the women. YAY!
Besides everything that has been happening at our apartment, things are good.
Penny is back to her old self. Her belly healed quickly, but it will take a while for her fur to grow back. I've noticed she likes to be petted now, before, she didn't like that. She's such a sweet girl, and she has a good life now. If we wouldn't have rescued her and her sisters, they would have starved to death.
The weekend is coming, and I'm excited for that. Thursday is my dad's birthday, he's getting old! But I won't mention how old;) Chanse and I are going to go to my parents for his birthday dinner and give him his presents.
This winter has been simply amazing. We haven't had this much snow in years. The last time I can remember was in high school. Ogden has been pounded this year. One day we got a foot of snow, and last night we received ten inches, with more on the way today, tonight and Thursday. The resorts are very happy, and so are the skiers and snowboarders.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
The week in review
Posted by Chanse and Janell at 9:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment