Wednesday, October 24, 2012

California dreamin'

We took a family trip to California a week ago and had the BEST time!
The weather was hot, but it was nice to get away from the cold for a bit.
We flew in late on Friday the 12th, had dinner and just went to bed.
Saturday, we drove to Pasadena for the Utah vs UCLA game! I LOVE Pasadena, it's absolutely gorgeous! It reminded Chanse and I of the Harvard/Yale area in Salt Lake, but with tropical plants.
We arrived at the stadium and everyone parks on a golf course, so strange but cool! Everyone also tailgates on the golf course, such a neat experience! Everyone was very welcoming and it was awesome to see so many Utah fans there!
The Rose Bowl was really nice and so big! We are glad we had a chance to go to a game there.
In the end, the Utes lost, but we are happy to have gone!
Sunday we decided to hit up Venice Beach. People recommended we not go there because it wasn't family friendly. We opted to go anyways and so glad we did! We had a great time dipping our toes in the ocean, walking along the boardwalk, and people watching. I saw Frank from American Pickers and a dude eat a burger out of the trash. Crazy! 
Later that night we headed to El Segundo to watch the sunset on the beach.
Monday we set out for Hollywood. We walked the streets, but weren't too impressed. It's a lot like Vegas so we left and headed for the Hollywood sign! Chanse looked up "Hollywood sign" on his phone map, and it took us to the Griffith Observatory! We hadn't planned on going there, but glad we did because the views were incredible! 
Later that evening we drove to the Santa Monica Pier for dinner. 

We had a great trip! California treated us well and we will be back!
































3 comments:

john + becky said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! And you are the cutest little family. Chanse is ADORABLE. I love that he is getting a little more chub on him :)

Alison said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation - you guys went to a lot of classic and great places. I am glad you are enjoying travel before Ray gets to be a toddler!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of this post!! Especially because I woke up to snow at my house this morning... and I mean A LOT of snow!! Crazy!! You guys are the cutest fam ever! Miss you JanHo