Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankfulness

2010 has been quite the year. I can't wait to move on to a new year, and celebrate a new beginning. I cannot move on without being thankful for so many things that happened this year.

I am so thankful and lucky to have Chanse in my life. He is my best friend, my rock, my soul mate, my partner in crime. He loves me, he makes me feel pretty, and he makes me laugh. We've been together almost five years, and in those five years we have endured a lot.

I am grateful for my parents. They have done SO much for me over the past 24 years, and I really couldn't have done anything without them. My parents are my best friends and I could ask them for anything.

I am eternally grateful for my family. My heart is swollen from all of the love we have received over the past year. As a family, we have grown and our relationships are much stronger and we are closer than ever!

I am thankful for friends. I may not see my friends very often, but the friendships I have created over the years are very special to me and I take them for granted.

I am thankful for three very special people in my life that passed away this year.
Dale Frenette. I only knew Chanse's father a short time, but in that short time I grew to love my father-in-law. We didn't hang out, or have long conversations, but the few times I did speak to him I will always remember. He had a kind spirit, and didn't deserve to go through the pain that he did. Rest in peace Dale!
Andy Funk. Andy was a very close friend of my mom and dad and I remember meeting Andy when I was in high school. Andy was such a fun loving, happy person all the way up until the day of his death. The last time I spoke with Andy, he told me his plans for the future, and everything he wanted to do. He was very hopeful that he had a lot of time left on this earth. Rest in peace Andy!
Doug Castleton. Chanse and I met Doug four months ago, soon after meeting him, we knew he was a great guy, and would take great care of my mother in law Theresa. Doug was one of the sweetest, most caring, kind person I have ever met. He loved Theresa more than anyone, and it showed! Doug was an incredible fly fisher and a die hard Utes fan. Over Halloween weekend, our whole family traveled to Las Vegas to see Doug and Theresa wed. It was a happy day, and we all celebrated. Sadly, the following Monday, Doug was tragically taken from this earth.  I think about Doug everyday, and how he impacted mine and Chanse's life. He taught us so much in the few short months we knew him and we will always remember all of the great times we shared with him. Rest in peace Doug!

I'm thankful for my job! It's a great feeling knowing I have a job to come to everyday.

I'm thankful for our home. {a furnace, a kitchen remodel, a hot shower, a warm bed to sleep in, running water}

I'm thankful for my silly pets:  Berkley, Wesley, Penny and Avenue {SUPER thankful that Avenue came home after being gone for 10 days}

Thankful, thankful, thankfulness!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Chansef said...

What a beautiful and well written post baby. You are so very talented and I'm extremely proud of you. I love you forever you beautiful, compassionate woman you!

Natalie said...

I'm thankful to have you as a friend! :)