Monday, August 17, 2009

The house hunting begins.....

Shortly after I returned from vacation, the lease on our apartment expired. We thought about renting a house from a friend, but the work that the house needed was beyond our abilities and we didn't have the funds. Plus, the situation was a little unsettled and we didn't feel very safe with what would happen in the future.

We pay an a lot to rent where we live now, but we love it. It's a great triplex in the Ave's, great neighbors, cat friendly, close to Smiths, the mountains and downtown. As much as we are throwing away to rent, we decided to see how much we could qualify for a house! Everything so far has gone smoothly with the bank and we are very excited to start this new adventure in our lives.

Friday night, Chanse and I met with our realtor. He knows exactly what we want, and where we want to live. We saw a couple of houses, some with great potential, but way overpriced. We are expanding our search tomorrow in hopes of better luck.

I can't wait to find our future home!!

0 comments: