We planned our Niagara Falls trip months ahead...
Sunday August 2nd, we headed up to NY to see one of the most beautiful things in the world, Niagara Falls.
My dad, Uncle Jerry, cousin Maureen and cousin Pete were all there to enjoy a nice day of sight seeing.
We walked around the falls, snapping pictures, enjoying the scenery. Maid Of The Mist was the number one thing on our list. We made our way around and finally reached the ticket booth for the boat ride. We took an elevator from the overlook down to the boat ramp, got our blue poncho's and boarded the Maid Of The Mist.
The boat took off, and the water was so pretty up close. The sights from the boat are much more amazing because you are up close next to them.
As we got closer to the falls, Chanse grabbed my hand, took off my promise ring and asked me how much I loved him. Of course I said I loved him more than anything! He got down on his knee and asked me if I would marry him. I was SO surprised, and SO happy. I couldn't believe he was finally asking me! I looked over at my dad, and he had a huge smile on his face, as well as my other family members.
We gave each other a huge hug, my dad and Chanse shook hands, and then everyone asked to see the ring! It was the perfect engagement and I couldn't have asked for anything else. I'm so happy my family was there to witness such a special time in our life!
The rest of the boat ride is a blur to me, I was on cloud 9! I couldn't stop staring at my ring all day!

I love you more than anything Chanse! You're my world, and I can't wait to get married:)
Next up: Picking our wedding day!

Monday, August 10, 2009
The Engagment Story
Posted by Chanse and Janell at 10:12 AM
Labels: Engagement, Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
How adorable! I'm really happy for you guys. Love the ring!!
brintonandcaitlin.blogspot.com is my blog, btw!
Thank you for your lovely comment and WOW...Congrats to you too! oxox
YEAh... This is so awesome. I cant wait to now see a blog full of wedding preparations! You and Chase are adorable together and Im sooo very happy for you. Its seriously the best best thing to be married to your best friend- HoRRAy!
That is such a great story! I love it. :)
Post a Comment